International Women's Day

I really like this holiday because it is good to appreciate those who helped make this world a better place. This poem is to honor the women who wanted to make a change. Thank You!





International Women’s Day


There are many females that made this world a better place,
They all were nice and filled with grace,
They stood up for what they believed in,
And they knew if they were brave they would win,
Susan B. Anthony stood up for women’s rights,
She believed in a day when sexism was never in sight,
She hated when men looked down on her,
Pearl S. Buck was the first women to win a Nobel Prize for literature,
She won it in 1938,
This honor is very great,
Marie Curie discovered radiation,
I think she deserves many people’s admiration,
Helen Keller could not hear or see,
But that didn’t stop her from being who she wanted to be,
And of course the woman I look up to more than anyone,
She is kind and smart and really fun,
She is my mother and is very brave,
And she doesn’t scold me when I don’t behave,
This is a day to celebrate,
All of these women and all of their traits.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts