Friends

Friends

The floor is covered with a blanket of white,
Many footprints in the snow are in sight,
We laughed and had snowball fights,
Rolling around in the cold, never worried about getting frost bite.

7 years I spent in Boone, with all my friends,
We never thought that it would end,
But when I moved the trees all died and the skies were no longer blue,
Now I miss them a lot and I hope they miss me too.

I remember the canoe and when we almost tipped over,
And holding hands and screaming while playing Red Rover,
I remember in the forest when we climbed the trees,
Hanging upside down like we were monkeys.

I remember when we use to dance in the playground,
Or playing hide and seek without making a sound,
I remember when we rolled down hills,
Like we were blades on a windmill.

I remember them saying they like me because I’m me,
And when I was with them I could be who I wanted to be,
And when I got hurt they would tell me it was okay,
And when I was with them I cherished every single day.

I remember the last day when we would hug and cry,
I really wasn’t ready to say good bye,
I remember when we would just sit and feel blue,
Now I miss them a lot and I hope they miss me too.

Comments

  1. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

    Albert Camus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends and good manners will carry you where money won't go.

    Margaret Walker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts