Chinese New Year Poem

It's almost Chinese New Year. It's the year of the RABBIT!!! I wrote a poem to celebrate. Hope you enjoy it.  
                                                             Chinese New Year Poem
Before Chinese New Year sweep and mop the floors,
Get rid of all the cobwebs and do all of your chores,
Then put away your broom lest’ your fortune swept away,
And help your parents cook on this very special day,
You set off firecrackers and watch them as they crack,
Tradition says they do this so that ghosts will not attack,
Another tradition is for people young and old,
Is to exchange Mandarin oranges for the name sounds like its gold,
The year of the rabbit is finally here,
I hope you have a happy New Year,
I wish your family prosperity and wealth,
For the rest of the year to have good health.


Comments

  1. Happy Chinese New Year to You! What a delightful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Chinese New Year to you too. Thank you so much for the comment. I wish you prosperity and good luck. Happy Year of the Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a poem to savor the new year spirit. Well done! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed by your poem! I like it.
    Happy Chinese New Year!!\(^o^)/
    Yukako Narita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jessie and 祐郁子,
    I am deeply touched by your comments. To me they are not only words, they are chears of encouragement. Comments are one of the things that tell me to never give up, thank you. Happy Chinese New Year.
    Sincerely, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne,

    This was such a good poem. It made me wish I could have participated in the Chinese New Year too. You did a very good job writing, and my only suggestion would be to take out "is" after tradition. Great Job though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts