I Am Poem 911


I Am Poem, 911
From a Victim’s Point of View
I am scared and frightened, 
I wonder if I may ever see my family again, 
I hear the sound of sirens and people screaming, 
I see the fire burning before my eyes, 
I want to be with my family instead of in a tower, 
I am scared and frightened.

I pretend that I am safe inside my house, 
I feel the depression of the crying people around me, 
I touch the telephone to phone my family, 
I worry that they will not pick up, 
I cry when I tell them that I may never come home, 
I am scared and frightened.

I understand that this may be the last time I speak to loved ones, 
I say that they will be fine without me, 
I dream about what might happen, 
I try to escape the tower that the plane has crashed into, 
I hope I will survive, 
I am scared and frightened.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts