My letter to my Grandfather


My letter to my Grandfather

Dear Grandfather,
        This is your granddaughter Lynne. It has been six years since you passed away and I still miss you. Every summer when I go back to Taiwan I wish you were there to talk to me. Even though you are no longer alive youre memories with me will never die. I cry every time I think about you. We never got to spend too much time together because we live on opposite sides of the world, but the memories with you can be cherished for a long time. I wish you were here with me but since you are not it's okay because I know you are in a better place. You are such a good person I know you are in heaven being blessed and awarded for your kindness on earth. I hope that when I grow up I can be as wise and as responsible as you. I think my parents think that too because they named me after you. I will never forget you because you are not only my grandpa, but you are my centaur, my words to a book, and my lyrics to a song, without you I would be incomplete. I believe you have made your life count and gone. You have left behind your love and affection for your family and friends to share. I just wanted you to know that I love you Grandpa.
        Your 1st granddaughter,
Lynne Chen          

Comments

  1. Dear Grandfather,
    This is your granddaughter Lynne, It has been six years since you passed away and I still to miss you. Every summer when I go to Taiwan I wish you were there to talk to me. Even though you are no longer alive your memories are with me and will never die. I cry every time I think about you. We never got to spend a large amount time together because we lived on opposite sides of the world, but the memories with you will be cherished for a long time. I wish you were here with me but since you are not it’s okay because I know you are in a better place. You are such a good person, I know you are in heaven being blessed and awarded for your kindness on earth. I hope that when I grow up I can be as wise and as responsible as you. I think my parents think that too because they named me after you. I will never forget you because you are not only my grandpa, but you are my centaur, my words to a book, and my lyrics to a song, without you I would be incomplete. I believe you have made your life count and gone. You have left behind your love and affection for your family and friends to share. I just wanted you to know that I love you Grandpa.
    Your 1st granddaughter,
    Lynne Chen

    Notes: Lynne, Your writing is getting better. This writing hit home with me. (It means I can relate to it) My grandpa died a year or two ago and I miss him greatly. I am in FL on vacation where I grew up and went to my grandmother’s house for the 1st time since he passed away. You’re should be your because “you’re” is you are and your is indicating something personal. Its should be it’s because you are using it in meaning to say it is so there should be an apostrophe between the it and the s. “I believe you have made your life count and gone.” I am not sure what you mean by the life count and gone. The gone part has confused me, I am not sure if you are trying to say “I believe you made your life count and have now gone” or what you were trying to get across so I did not edit that but I would re-read that if I were you and possibly re-word that part. You are doing a great job. I look forward to continuing to read you entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I will fix the problems. I am very sorry to hear about your grandpa. When I wrote "I believe he has made his life count and gone," I meant that he had a good life and passed away peacefully, I didn't want to say that he died.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts