Pride goes before the fall

Pride goes before the fall

Hi readers! Today I am going to post a fable. For those of you who don't know a fable is a short tale that tells a moral lesson. Every time I put a moral the lesson will always be in italics and color. I hope you will learn a lesson from reading also remember to enjoy reading;
     
     One day a king was sailing on a ship through a canyon. In the canyon there were lots of monkeys. When the ship passed all the  monkeys fled in terror, all except one. There was one monkey who stayed in his spot and danced around as if saying, "You can't catch me, I'm too fast." The king took his bow and arrows and took a shot at the monkey. The monkey hopped up and caught the arrow, then continued to skip around and climb. The king took this as a challenge. He ordered the monkey to be shot and immediately one of the king's men slayed the monkey. The king told his men, "This monkey thought he was so smart. He didn't even guess that being to arrogant could get him killed. Remember that a person should not act rude by being to conceited and arrogant to others,acting to proud could hurt yourself."

 驕者必敗-(莊子.莊周)

Comments

  1. Great Story & Moral!!! :) Keep up the good work. My feedback is listed below.

    Hi readers! Today I am going to post a fable. For those of you who don't know, a fable is a short tale that has a moral behind the tale. For every story that I post with a moral it will always be in italics and color. I hope you will enjoy and learn a lesson from the reading.

    One day a king was sailing on a ship through a canyon. The Canyon was filled with monkeys. As the ship passed through the canyon the monkeys fled in terror, all except for one. The one monkey who stayed in his spot danced around as if he was saying, "You can't catch me, I'm too fast." The king took his bow and arrows and shot at the monkey. The monkey jumped in the air and caught the arrow. The monkey then continued to skip around and climb through the canyon. The king took this as a challenge. He ordered the monkey to be shot and immediately one of the king's men slayed the monkey. The king told his men, "This monkey thought he was so smart. He didn't guess that being too arrogant could get him killed.”

    Remember that a person should not act rude by being too conceited and/or arrogant to others. Acting to proud could hurt yourself."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comments. They have helped me improve my writing skills. I think your writing is really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts