Campaign Speech

I did a project in school. We were suppose to pick a Greek god/goddess and make a campaign speech. We are voting for the head of Olympus. Here is my speech.

Campaign Speech for Iris
Hello everyone, I am Iris goddess of the rainbow and messenger to the gods and goddesses. I’m often called Iris the swift for I am faster than the wind.
          I was born out of the mist just when the sun came out. I am the daughter of the Titan Thaumas and Electra the Nymph. My sisters are the Harpies; Aello, Gelaeno, and Ocypete. I am not a Harpy I also have a sister named Arkhe. She is messenger for the Titans, making us enemies. My husband is Zephyrus the west wind, our child is Eros En Pothos.
          I once saved my siblings from death. My sisters, the Harpies are winged female creatures who would daily swoop down and eat the food of the blind seer Phineus. When the winged sons of the North Wind, Boreas, caught up with my sisters and were about to kill them, I appeared and convinced the sons of Boreas to spare the lives of the Harpies. I made a promise that if he let them live, the Harpies would never again bother Phineus. He believed me and let my sisters go. I believe in second chances. I made sure my sisters kept that promise, and till this day they have. If you vote for me I will continue to be true to my words that I swear on the River Styx.
          Vote for me. I am fast and will change our world faster than I can fly. I will make rainbows in the sky for all to enjoy. I will share all the gold coins people have given to me when they pray, to the poor and needy. I will tell the truth and find the truth for I am the one that carries water from the River Styx and gives it to those who may be lying; I have never told a lie because I am the one who prevents lies. Let me be the leader of Olympus for I am honest and loves peace. When I am in charge there will be no war.
          I am Iris born out of water, mist, and air,
Vote for me and I’ll be fair.
Thank you for listening, αντίο (adio)
          

Comments

Popular Posts