Key Club Newsletter: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

Hey everyone! This is an article I wrote for the newsletter committee I'm in. This committee writes about volunteer events that are done through Key Club. I hope you will enjoy this article.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
By: Lynne Chen

            During October I volunteered at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event at North Hills Mall. Volunteering at this event was very exciting for me because it is the first volunteer project I have done through Key Club International. When I arrived at the volunteer tent, people signed me up and asked me to go up to the street and hold up a sign to show people where parking for the event was going to be. It was very fun and enthusiastic people in cars often smiled, waved, and honked their horns at me to show their support. I was also able to help set up food and hand out food to people who just participated in the event. Then I got to go around to different tents with my friends and say thank you to other volunteers and help collect trash. In the end I was also able to stay after the event was over and help clean up. Doing this event really allowed me to see all the amazing people in our community who are willing to help out and show their support for things that really interest them. 

Comments

Popular Posts