Key Club Newsletter: Furry Run

Hello readers! This is an article I wrote for the Key Club newsletter committee. It is about my experience volunteering at an event in my community. I hope you will enjoy reading it.

Furry Run
By: Lynne Chen

     I volunteered at the first shift for the Furry Run that was held at the WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary. This was a very fun event and I was able to help set up tents, sort out t-shirts, and unload cars. Doing those things really allowed me to interact with all the remarkable people who woke up early to go there and show their support. This event was very exciting because I got to help walk someone’s puppies and pet so many adorable dogs. I loved being able to attend because all the people there (participants and volunteers) were so enthusiastic and friendly. I am also happy that I was able to help out at an event where I was part of an extraordinary team that was raising money to help save the lives of homeless pets. If you ever have the chance to attend you definitely should because it is a very fun event that is dedicated to solving a very significant problem. 

Comments

Popular Posts