My Interest In Chinese

 Hello everyone. I'm truly sorry for my lack of posting. The following article is something I wrote for an international Chinese essay competition. The prompt was that I needed to write something that shows my interest for the Chinese community, culture, and language. I wrote this article in English and then slowly translated it to Chinese with the help of my amazing mother. I hope you will enjoy this article. Please feel free to comment or ask questions. Thank you!
         
            Confucius, a brilliant Chinese scholar once said, “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” I think this is one reason why I love the Chinese language so much. The language seems to give beauty to things that seem so ordinary. The Chinese language has the ability to compare one’s love to a moon or one’s argument with the rushing water of a stream.
My experience with Chinese started a long time ago. Ever since I was little I have been mesmerized by Chinese poetry. I loved how beautiful each poem sounded and all the meaning hidden behind each Chinese character. Stories and poems like these sparked my interests and inspired me to want to get to know this language better. By listening to these poems I could automatically feel sad or touched or happy. To me this is essential. I realized that if I were to learn Chinese I could be able to spark this emotion into the lives of so many others.  
So with this hope to help inspire people through the language that inspired me I started writing more and more. I started listening to more stories about the culture that the Chinese language came from. I joined Chinese school and practiced Chinese in hopes to let this spark of interest shine. By joining I tried to spread my interest of this language more and more. I joined a singing class so that I could use my voice to let others enjoy while also learning the meaning of beautiful songs. I became the host of my school’s Chinese New Year celebration to make others laugh by using the language I was learning more about. Usually this process was frustrating because I’m not use to all the complications of the language but when I get it right, the end solution can be a magnificent painting of characters and meanings.
The Chinese language is not only a useful language but it is a beautiful language. Each stroke of a character has its own little meaning that is yet to be discovered. The pronunciation of each word is like a melody with a pretty sound. The culture and history behind Chinese has not only inspired me to be a writer, but also a storyteller. The language itself has given me the motivation to learn and encourage others to get to know the amazing language that is Chinese. 

Comments

Popular Posts