A Letter To Society

Dear Society,
Who are you to say who I can or cannot be?
Who are you to judge me when I'm simply being me?
How is it fair that you can make me feel this way?
Make me cry and so depressed every single day.
Why do you control what I do and what I should wear?
Dear society, I just needed to say that it simply isn't fair.
Why do you put a definition on the word "beauty"?
Why do you teach people to not like what they see?
How is it fair that you can assign us all with labels?
Making everyone feel so insecure and so unstable.
Dear society, please just stop with the cruelty and pain.
You're honestly driving all of us insane.
Now I know like many others, you can just tell us to ignore you.
But honestly you're everywhere so that's quite impossible to do.
Often when we're happy you simply tear us down.
And in your criticism we all seem to drown.
So I guess now it's my turn to tell you.
That you need to change the things that you do.
Change your ways that are so vile.
Start by giving people smiles.
Dear society, stop with the hatred and scars.
Start by letting us just be who we are.
Sincerely,
Lynne

Comments

Popular Posts