Jer-Jer & The Magical Hairs

Hello all. So this a very short story I wrote. I thought of this story as a sort of joke based on my friend. He's about my age but he has grey hairs on his head. I told him that maybe they were magical and then it led to an idea for this story. Anyway I hope y'all enjoy this poem and thanks so much for helping me reach 27,000 views!

Jer-Jer and The Magical Hairs

Once upon a time in a land far away,
Jer-Jer was just having a very normal day.

Now Jer-Jer was a normal boy,
Except for one thing that brought him great joy.

It was some little white hairs that grew from his head,
Just three white hairs that never spread.

So on this day he left his house and followed a trail,
To get to his mailbox and fetch his mail.

He ripped open an envelope and looked inside,
A secret message it did hide.

An anonymous person who wrote,
A very secret note:

"Jer-Jer be warned there is evil out there,
Searching for the magic that lies in your hair.
Be warned and make sure they do not take away,
Each white hair on your head should be there to stay.
If they take one and light it on fire,
It will be able to grant them any wish they desire."

Jer-Jer got scared and didn't know what to do,
About this very strange issue.

But before he could have another thought,
His head felt a pain that hurt a lot.

Someone had plucked a hair from behind,
He turned around and saw someone un-kind.

It was an evil witch who had stolen a white hair,
And Jer-Jer thought that was rather unfair.

"Why did you do that, that wasn't very nice of you,"
Said Jer-Jer feeling sad and blue.

"Why I need you hair to turn me beautiful,
To be the prettiest woman of all."

So with these words she set the hair on fire,
To fulfill her one desire.

In a flash she disappeared,
And Jer-Jer began to fear.

"I don't want anyone taking my hairs from me,
I wish that everyone would just leave me be."

But as soon as he uttered these words,
Another terrible thing occurred.

A vampire appeared out of thin air,
Seeming to come from absolutely nowhere.

Jer-Jer looked for a place to run,
But the vampire took a hair and the job was done.

"Please please please give that back to me,"
Said Jer-Jer as he started to plea.

"No I can't because I have a wish to live forever,"
And with this the vampire disappeared in a blur.

Jer-Jer screamed and fled back to his house,
Where he hid in it as silent as a mouse.

He rubbed his head in frustration,
As he thought about how to fix this complication.

But then on accident, to his despair, 
He yanked out his single white hair.

Jer-Jer panicked and freaked out,
But he tried to keep calm and didn't scream or shout.

He looked at this magical thing and pondered,
"How many people could this help", he wondered.

So he thought out every solution through,
And finally found something he could do.

So he lit the piece of hair on fire,
And announced his magical desire.

"I wish to give away all of my hair,
To people who need it everwhere."

And with this hope to make the world a better place,
The white hair disappeared with grace.

And slowly did all of his other hairs,
As they went to give magic to people everywhere.

And although Jer-Jer had lost what was precious to he,
His decision made him very happy.

He had seen how the wish already made two people glad,
And he wanted to make everyone else feel less sad.

So he forgave the witch and the vampire,
Because he wanted everyone to fulfill their desires.

Jer-Jer smiled and continued to live,
As his hairs continued to give and give.


Comments

Popular Posts