My Grandfather, my hero

There use to be a poem written by a man named Walt Whitman. He wrote a poem about his hero. His hero was Abraham Lincoln……. This poem that I wrote uses the same format as his poem because this poem is about my grandfather and my grandfather will always be my hero. He was a very kind man who could always make me happy and laugh. My grandfather died a few years ago and I miss him very much. He is my friend, my family, my role model, and my hero.  I will always love him and I hope he is proud of me today.
 
 
My Grandfather
 
O Grandfather! My grandfather! why did you leave;
You were the one who made me hope and believe;
I can still hear your voice like an echo through the air,
Your words of laughter, wisdom, smiles, and care:
But O no! no! no!
    O you left me feeling alone,
        My heart is filled with sorrow,
           And I can only sob and moan.
O Grandfather! my Grandfather! don’t you know;
That life turned grey and boring after you had to go;
I miss your hugs and all the stories that you told,
And your energy so bright that it never could grow old:
                My hero! My hero!
                    My heart cannot stand,
                           The fact that you are gone,
                                Is an adversity to grand.
My dear Grandfather, I wish you could still laugh, I wish your heart could still beat,
My dear grandfather, I wish you could run to hug me, but you can no longer move your feet,
But though you’re gone and this brings me pain you are always in my heart,
Because I know that you and I will never ever be apart;
                I miss you, and love you!
                    And you will always be here,
                        You will always be a hero,
                              And you are the reason for my tears.
My Grandfather! my grandfather! you are in my soul;
Your spirit is what drives me to accomplish my goals;
I only wish I could have one last time to say good bye,
One last time to say I love you before you had to die:
                I love you! I do!
                   And I want you to know,
                      I love you, I need you,
                                And I can never let you go.      

Comments

  1. 我的爺爺 我的英雄
    一個叫瓦特 懷特曼寫了一首詩 關於他的英雄 他的英雄是亞伯拉罕 林肯 而我也寫了一首與他相同形式 關於我爺爺的詩句 我爺爺總是是成為我的英雄 他是一個非常和藹的人 總是能夠使我開心和嘻笑 我爺爺已在數年前過世 而我非常想念他 他是我的朋友 我的家人 我的楷模和我的英雄 我總是愛著他的和希望他如今以我為榮

    我的爺爺
    喔 爺爺 我的爺爺 你為什麼要離開
    你是那一位使我有希望和信心的人
    我仍然聽到你的聲音就像空氣中的回音一樣
    你的笑聲 智慧 笑容和關心
    但是 喔 不 不 不
    喔 你獨自離開後我的感受
    我的心被悲傷所填滿
    並且只能哭泣和抱怨
    喔 爺爺 我的爺爺 你有所不知
    在你去世後人生已轉向灰色和無趣
    我想念你的擁抱和所有你說的故事
    並且你的活力是如此從未變老的明亮
    我的英雄 我的英雄
    我的心不能堅定 你已經走的事實
    是一項重要的逆境
    我親愛的爺爺 我希望你仍然是微笑 你的心仍然是咚咚的响
    我親愛的爺爺 我希望你仍然跑來擁抱我 但你的腳不再移動了
    但雖然你已經走了 並且帶給我你總是在我心裡的痛苦
    因為我知道我跟你從未分開過
    我愛你並且想你
    你將總是在這裡
    也將總是成為一個英雄
    並且你是我流淚的原因
    我的爺爺 我的爺爺 你在我的靈魂之中
    你的靈魂趨使我完成我的目標
    我只希望我有最後一次機會跟您說再見
    在您去世前有最後一次機會跟您說我愛您
    我愛您 我確實是
    並且我想要讓您知道 我愛您 我需要您 並且我從未讓您離去
    Meg Huang-tzu Huang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for translating my poem for me. I feel very touched that you care about me and that you would spend time helping me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts