How Volcanoes Were Formed

Hi! At school my class was learning about myths. We had to write and perform a drama that includes poetry. Being that I love poetry so much I made my whole drama a poem. I hope you enjoy my myth on how volcanoes were formed. 

The Creation of Volcanoes
Muse 1#: [stage left] Persephone and her mom were separated,
                And not being with her mom was something she hated,
                 In the underworld Persephone had no communication to her mother,
                 She was always wishing things were back to the way things were.

Persephone: [sadly; stage center left] I only wish I had my mom to speak to, without her life is sad and blue. I feel so lonely and I just can’t stand, life in the underworld, below the land.

Muse 2#: [stage right] And Demeter in the land above,
                                   Missed her daughter’s joy and love.

Demeter: [sadly; stage center right] Oh Persephone if only we could speak, without you I feel miserable and weak.

Muse 2#: So feeling alone anger grew in Persephone,
      So she punched the ceiling of the underworld and something
       happened that no one could foresee.

Muse 1#: She had punched so hard a mountain with a hole grew,
               It went up very high, a land form that was brand new,
               And in the mountain there was lava, very hot fire,
              But Persephone finally got her desire.

Persephone: [excited; speaks into volcano] Mother can you hear me.
Demeter: [happy; speaks into other side of volcano] Yes, I can Persephone.

Muse 1#: And this is how volcanoes formed, to help connect a family
Muse 2#: And made a goddess and a daughter very happy!

Comments

Popular Posts