Happy Thanksgiving

Hello all! Happy Thanksgiving. I would just like to say that I'm thankful for many things in my life and one of them is definitely you guys. I would also like to say although many of us forget it we are lucky. Even through all the tough news and hard times, we have many things some others don't. It's important to help out those people. A simple donation or some time to spare could really make a difference. It's also important to be thankful for the things that you do have and appreciate the people around you. I hope you enjoy my poem about the things I am thankful for. I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving Thankfulness 


Turkey on the table, 
Football on cable,
Parades that march down the street,
& Food that we can eat.

Cars that we can use,
Opportunities that we can choose,
A house that can be our safe place,
& Dreams that we can chase.

Passion that I have for writing,
A voice that I can use to sing,
Smiles that strangers share,
& Laws that keep our society fair.

Role models that I can strive to be,
Nature with its flowers and trees,
Laughter that I hear everyday,
& The leaders who make this world okay. 

Freedom of speech,
The ability to believe and preach,
Friends who are always there,
& Family that gives us love and care. 

These are things I'm thankful for,
I couldn't ask for more,
I have all the things I want and need,
There is no point for greed.

And especially on this day,
I feel like I should say,
I'm thankful for all the time,
That you just spent reading this rhyme.

Comments

Popular Posts