Super Storm Sandy

Hi everyone. I wrote this poem because I kept hearing about this terrible storm on the news. If you have been affected by this storm I just wanted you to know that I will be thinking of you. I hope you all will enjoy this poem and think about the people who need our help. Thank you so much.
Super Storm Sandy
Transportation destroyed, knocked out power,
Houses being torn as if a delicate flower,
Water flooding all around,
On the houses they start to pound,
Debris washing up on the streets,
No one knows where they can retreat,
Shark on the road is something I heard,
It is real, even though it may seem absurd,
At least 45 people did not survive this disaster,
While the winds kept blowing faster and faster,
Now this storm has come to an end,
And people have been giving the victims a hand,
Stores are starting to open for people near and far,
And the airports have reopened and the roads to the cars,
It may take weeks or days before they can fully recover,
Even though to them, it may seem like forever,
So if you were affected I just want you to know,
That I hope everything will be alright even if the recovery is slow,
I know all of you will be okay,
So until then I hope you all know we will pray.



Comments

Popular Posts