Election Results Poem

I wrote this poem for a school project about Election 2012.  This poem talks about the election results, what I hope to see in the future, and what things need to change. I hope you enjoy my poem. 
Election Results Poem
Written by Lynne Chen
November 6, 2012 was Election Day,
Winner gets power for four years, loser cannot stay,
This night all eyes were glued to the television,
To see who would lose and who would win,
Who would have the power to make America a better place,
Who would come out victor in the Presidential Race.

Romney and Obama ran for president this year,
And when Obama was reelected you could hear the people cheer,
This election was quite close and one state determined it all,
Ohio sided with Obama and then he had a winning poll,
With his family by his side he stood tall and proud,
He told a speech while the audience screamed, loud.

He said with power and a very clear voice,
As many people around the world rejoiced,
We are not as cynical and separated as some might think,
And the USA is united by a special bond or link,
We are not judged by how we look or the color of our skin,
But how hard we work, and who we are within.

When Obama is in office there is much I hope to see,
Like people with good, stable, jobs that can support their family,
I hope to see the deficit reduce by four trillion dollars,
And to make sure that children can have the chance to learn,
I hope he hires many teachers and help improve education,
And help us move forward together as one united nation.

I hope to see the economy getting a lot better,
To see Republicans and Democrats work together,
To set their differences aside and help the USA succeed,
I hope to see soldiers coming home; I think many would agree,
To make more jobs is another thing that he should do,
Create more opportunities in businesses that are new.

Right now our nation’s problems are at large,
So what will happen when Obama is in charge,
I think when he is in office things will be fair,
And the same gender will be able to be a pair,
More investing will be used on manufacturing,
And on things we don’t need, there will be cutting.

With Obama in office I think the wars will end,
And as president he will try really hard and stay determined,
He will ask the wealthy to pay more so we can pay down our debt,
And change America in a way that we will not forget,
He will probably give tax breaks to many companies,
And help the environment, by saving earth and trees.

What I think will happen in the next four years,
Is nothing close to what some people might fear,
I think Barack Obama will create jobs that will not be sent overseas,
And many middle class families will be pleased,
I think he will create more American energy,
He will show everyone why we are the land of opportunity.


Comments

Popular Posts