Poor Greyhounds


This is a poem I wrote about something I read. This is a sad poem about something that has been going on in Spain for a while and I find it very depressing. I wrote this with my heart feeling very sad and troubled. This is about dogs that are forced to hunt and then killed when they are no longer needed. I honestly can't believe this situation. I hope this poem will inform you about something you didn't know was going on and that maybe you will want to help them as much as I do.
Sad Situation in Spain
Greyhounds, also known as Galgos in Spain,
Are hurt, injured, and in lots of pain,
Hunting hares is what they are forced to do,
And this is not something they got themselves into,
50,000 hounds are born to hunters every year,
And what happens to them makes me cry and fear,
The poor hounds are treated like dirt,
And they are beat, burned, and tortured till’ they are battered and hurt,
Then when hunting seasons over the hunters “celebrate,”
By treating them with detestation and hate,
Their traditions is to hang the poor hounds on a tree,
Where the dogs have no chance of escaping or be free,
They die a prolonged and suffering death,
Struggling with every last breath,
Some are even thrown,
In a well to die hungry and alone,
This makes me so sad that people could ever be so merciless,
And treat a poor animal with such aggressiveness,
How could someone possibly take part,
Don’t they feel guilt, don’t they have a heart,
This action should be illegal because it is just plain wrong,
And this tradition has been going on for too long.

Comments

Popular Posts