Blowing Rock Poem

I wrote this poem when I saw the night view of Blowing Rock on a foggy day.

Blowing Rock
A river of clouds float above land,
The mountains beyond that are so tall & so grand,
The wind howls a tune for all to hear,
In this cool starry night there is nothing to fear,
The trees sway to the music of the night,
The view in the background is a delight,
The stars are scattered over the sky,
If you saw it you would sigh,
For the view would take your breath away,
And you would think about it almost everyday. 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this poem, especially given the fact that I am in Blowing Rock frequently. The mountains and scenery there are quite beautiful. Don't be afraid when you are writing to go into more detail about what you see. You can always talk about that kind of tune you heard in the wind or how the trees were dancing. Similes and metaphors are always great in poetry. I do really like this poem though and I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for reading my poem. I agree with you that the view is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts