My memories to a very special someone



This poem is dedicated to a friend of mine that passed away. I hope you will enjoy it as I also hope she would enjoy it too.


Memory of Granny

Her hair was like ash a dark shade of grey,
Her skin was like snow on a cold winter day,
A thing that describes her is a treat,
Or like candy she is sweet,
Her laugh was kind and made you smile,
Talking to her was worthwhile,
No matter what she did it was with grace,
She always had a happy face,
Forever and ever she will be in our heart,
This person who’s sweet and gentle and smart,
You can still be sad and cry out,
We will miss her there’s no doubt,
We will sob and cry and weep,
But in our hearts not somewhere deep,
We will think about her a lot,
And if people ask us if we’ve forgot,
We’ll say no,
Because our love for her will always grow

Comments

  1. Adam Heasley:
    During the third and forth lines you might want to rewrite it to connect the candy and sweet parts a bit more clearly. For example, Or like candy she was so sweet. Even by just adding the word so you can get a better flow and make is seem easier to read.
    [9:41:21 AM] Adam Heasley: When you get to higher quality and levels of write I suggest that you not use contractions such as we'll pr don't. You should speel things all the way out sucha as we'll to we will. Its just proper and gives your writing the ability to read easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it is perfect!!! Though this
    poem may not be poetically perfect... It was for my grandmother
    and my family. We loved her..and we love you.
    There will never be enough words to express my gratitude.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I enjoyed writing this poem, your grandmother was a great person and I'm sure she is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts