In Loving Memory of My Grandfather






In Loving Memory of My Grandfather…

Do you have that person who’s been with you your whole life,
That special someone who protects you through all your sadness and your strife?
Can you think of the person that you go to in times of need,
That person who you look up to, who encourages you to succeed?
Do you have that person who is everything to you,
Who, to make you happy, would do anything they had to do?

I have that person in my life and he is my granddad,
And when I feel depressed I think of him and I start to feel glad.
I feel glad that I have only good memories in my mind,
Of my grandfather as the man he was, generous, loving, and kind.
It’s been 10 years since he’s passed away but I keep him in my heart,
After all he’s the one that taught me love will keep us from feeling apart.
He taught me so much through just the person that he was,
Helping and causing smiles just because.
And it’s been so many years, yet he still helps me through so much,
And I’m so grateful that my life is one of the many he has touched.
I miss him dearly everyday but I know that he’s still here,
Guiding me through times when I am filled with dread and fear.
I think of him when it’s loud and in the silence of the night,
I think of him because when it’s dark he helps bring me courage and light.
He’s in my every thought and I’ll keep him close forever,
Because I know that when I need him, he will be with me through whatever.
So I hope he’s doing well right now and I hope that he knows,
That his spirit will always be with me no matter where I go.
I hope that when I’m older I can be someone just like he,
And that I can make him proud of the person that I will be.
It’s been a while since he’s passed away but I will never forget,
This amazing man who I think of when I’m both happy and upset.
***
We all love and miss you so much grandpa.



Comments

Popular Posts