89 Children Abducted in South Sudan

 
Somewhere in Africa during school hours
89 children were taken.
Somewhere in Africa armed groups used force
and left families scared and shaken.
Somewhere in Africa 12 year old boys
were abducted and recruited to fight.
Somewhere in Africa this is going on
and that simply isn't right.
Somewhere in Africa people take away
these children’s chance for a better life.
Somewhere in Africa violence is
creating so much fear and strife.
Somewhere in Africa there are people
who are feeling so unaided.
Somewhere in Africa there are mothers
and fathers who just want to find their kid.
Somewhere in Africa this is their reality
and not many people here know.
Somewhere in Africa people need our help
and that where our support should go. 
***
(Hello friends! I hope that you all have both enjoyed this poem and took it seriously. So far in my sophomore year I have learned a lot about the world. In my English class I read the book A Long Way Gong by Ishmael Beah (I highly recommend it). This book is a memoir of the life of a child soldier. This book is one that really touched me because it's so hard to imagine what these children in Africa have had to suffer from. The death and horrible things they've been forced to experience is one that is terrible to think about. Also, in my AP Human Geography class we do current events. Doing this and reading news about the world has really opened my eyes. Not everything around the world is good. There are so many people suffering and so many people who need help. Although we can ignore these things simply because it is not happening to us, we shouldn't. Just because we don't know about it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I hope that you all will start to read and educate yourselves more so that the world can become a place with more understanding and charitable people. I am very glad that I am fortunate enough to have this blog and all the people who read it. I'm also so happy I have the ability to share my thoughts with you all. Thank you guys so much for reading!)

Comments

Popular Posts