Summary of 2012

I can't believe it is a whole new year! I just wanted to tell everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR. This time I wrote a poem about what I remember most about 2012. I hope you will enjoy this poem. Thank you for reading my blog and please continue reading it this new year. 
Summary of 2012

2012 is ending now and I look back at this year,
I look back at the things that have brought tears or cheer.

I remember the cruise ship that sank off the Italian coasts,
It carried many people and it was a huge boat.
I remember Trayvon Martin, who was shot,
This hurt his family’s hearts a lot.

I remember Kony 2012, and crying when I heard,
About this terrible man and all the people he murdered.
I remember Superstorm Sandy which happened not so long ago,
And how their recovery from the storm was very slow.

I remember Sandy Hook and each victim that died,
And how all the kids were told to be quiet and hide.
I remember hearing about the movie theater in Colorado,
Where so many were killed when watching a show.

All these sad memories from just one year,
So many things to cry and to fear,
But I also remember the many happy events that occurred,
That I couldn't explain in just a few words.
I remember the Olympics and cheering for my favorite team,
And it won’t happen in the next year, 2013.
I remember watching the news and seeing Jeremy Lin,
And how he was amazing and would win and win.

I remember Gangnam Style and how it was famous overnight,
And watching it over and over because it was such a funny sight.
I remember staying up to see Obama being reelected,
And how Mitt Romney was not what America selected.

I remember laughing about the largest cup of coffee in the world,
I don’t know about you but drinking that much would make me hurl.
I remember how people thought the world would disappear,
And in the end we had nothing to fear.

This is what I think about when I hear 2-0-1-2,
This is what I remember, what about you?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts