Thanksgiving Poem


Thanksgiving Poem
I am thankful for the food on my plate,
I am thankful for all the things that are great,
I am thankful for the things I own,
I am thankful for my cellular phone,
But all these things I can throw away,
And get rid of any day,
The thing I am most thankful for,
Are the wonderful people that I know and adore,
I am thankful for the people, who will always be there for me,
I am thankful for all my friends and family,
I am thankful for all their love and care,
And I am thankful that I have things to share,
So on this special day we gather with a grateful heart and mind,
And we thank the ones, who are always kind,
I thank all my friends because they mean more to me than gold,
Their hearts are warm and friendly and never turn cold,
They mean more to me than any treasure,
Because they make me smile and help me feel better,
I’m thankful for my family because no matter what I do,
They show me that their love is always true,
I’m grateful for so many things,
Like this wonderful day, Thanksgiving,
I am grateful for friends that I will meet along the way,
And the old friends that I have who are here to stay,
May you always have food to eat,
May you always be able to walk on your feet,
May your eyes always be able to see,
The earth and all its natural beauty,
May you always be able to use your voice,
So you can express how you rejoice,
May a rainbow follow each rainy day,
And may blessings and joy come your way.

Comments

  1. Seasons come and seasons go, Time changes many things... But not the joy and special cheer That warm remembrance brings.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spirit of Thanksgiving is joy. The meaning of Thanksgiving is love. May these be yours on Thanksgiving Day and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much...Me, Isabel and Isabella wish all your family a wonderful Thanksgiving many happy blessings always.......These are beautiful thoughts in a beautiful poem. Love ya'll Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poetry. It is just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I read the poem it made me realize that their are so many more important things then my lost emails. I can figure out ways to get the information I need back but I could never find ways to replace family, friends and good times together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne is so poetic, you can sell your poetry to Hallmark. Have a Happy Thansgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very lovely of you . Thank you. Wonderful poem and words I will cherish each day.

    Wish your Thanksgiving is filled with the bounties of the earth....family, friends adn good food. Happy Harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for remembering us. Loved your poem. We have so much for which we should be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgivings to you an your family ! Beautiful writeups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Lynne:



    Thank you for the such wonderful poetry you wrote. It is my first time in U.S and how wonderful I can meet you. I am so thankful to meet how a wonderful girl you are.


    Happy Thanksgiving!




    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful poem. I wish you and the family a very wonderful blessed day for Thanksgiving. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm glad you liked the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts